Willow Class - Y6
Hello Willow Class.
Hope you are all well, and trying to do some learning at home!
*New for this week: https://www.hamilton-trust.org.uk/blog/learning-home-packs/ Try this link. There are Maths and English activities for each day. Great stuff for you to do to keep your skills sharp!!
Make sure you use your CGP study guides and answer books to look at different Maths and English topics each day.
You can now access Maths Factor free at home and manage your own topics. Just go to.... https://www.themathsfactor.com/
You can sign up for yourself and manage your own Maths learning, rather than waiting for me to assign your tasks for you.
Also, keep reading!!!
Find details of our current topic below:
Topic Web Spring 2
Working At Home
There are many activities that your child can do at home to support their learning in school.
1. Reading every day
2. Practise times tables on Times Tables Rockstars
3. Practise your reading comprehension at Readtheory.org
4. Do the activities on Maths Factor - Abacus Activelearn (now available free - see top of page for details)
5. Use BBC KS2 Bitesize to revise grammar and punctuation, as well as to reinforce our learning in Science
6. Visit Mathsframe.co.uk to play some free Maths games
7. Use the words in the front of your reading diary to practise your spellings
8. Visit code.org for free coding activities
9. Try senecalearning.com for online learning in all KS2 subjects - there are many free units!
10. Go to Twinkl and select Year 6 working at home sheets to practise concepts you are unsure of. They also have a suggested timetable with activities for each day. https://www.twinkl.co.uk/home-learning-hub
11. Our sport coaches from Next Level Sports have informed us that they will be adding daily fitness based fun activities on to their Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts: NEXTLEVELSPORTX
In the event of school closure, children could use their CGP red and blue study guides to learn and revise, then find the corresponding exercises in their white CGP answer books to practise their skills.
For access to good quality Year 6 Maths units of work, please follow this link:
Creative MATHS AT HOME!
For a daily Maths activity, follow this link:
STEM creative Science and Technology ideas
For recommendations of books for your child to read, you might find these websites useful: