WEDNESDAY 20TH JANUARY
BEGIN TODAY WITH GO NOODLES.
THEN JOIN US FOR THE MEET UP AT 9:15.
THEN START WITH 15 MINUTES PLAYING ON ROCKSTARS TO PRACTISE THE 3X TABLES.
THEN 10 MINUTES PRACTISING YOU SPELLING:
THINK ABOUT WORDS THAT END IN Y WNAD WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ADD ER AND EST:
happy - happier - happiest
lovely - lovelier - loveliest
lonely - lonelier - loneliest
Put some of these words into sentences and remember to get handwriting neat and spelling correct. Use the handwriting paper if you want to.
If you found yesterday's WHITEROSE WORK difficult, stay with us for the maths lesson at 9:30. Then practise some more on sheet one.
If you found yesterday's WHITEROSE MATHS work OK, then practise the method that you found the easiest by solving the word problems.
Remember to work for aobut 40 mintues and if you do not finish it all, it is OK.
LITERACY - we are planning our writing today:
I WANT YOU TO PLAN YOUR STORY (the new trick) TODAY. I WANT YOU TO USE THE COMIC STRIP SHEET AND WRITE THE MAIN EVENTS OF YOUR TRICK. I only want you to write the main details - you do not have to think about the character's feelings or use adjectives, but I do want you to make sure that you are punctuating with full stops and capital letters.
Tomorrow and Friday we will be writing the story properly, by adding lots of details BUT TODAY I WANT YOU TO WRITE THE EVENTS IN ORDER.
TOPIC - SCIENCE
I want you to conduct a science experiment to investigate shadows today. I WANT YOU TO FIND OUT HOW YOU CAN MAKE THE SIZE OF A SHADOW CHANGE. These two videos will help you understand what I want you to do:
- You will need a torch; a piece of paper, a pen or pencil and a ruler or tape measure.
- Choose any opaque object to create a shadow.
- Place the paper on the wall. Shine the torch a metre away from the object and put marks where the shadow is.
- Measure the shadow and record it in the chart.
- Move 20cm closer and repeat - record the new measurement in the chart.
- Keep moving 20cm closer and recording the measurements.