Cedar Class - Y3
WELCOME TO CEDAR CLASS!
We are all working hard and having fun with our teachers -
Mrs Hammond, Mrs Jenner-Dyer (on Fridays) and Mrs Harrod.
This half term we shall finish creating documentaries to explain how orangutans will become extinct in 20 years if we do not act now. We are therefore holding a fund raising afternoon on Thursday 25th April 2019, to raise money for the Samboja Lestari Orangutan Sanctuary in Borneo, which is part of the BOS Foundation. We shall be wearing brown and orange; completing our sponsored events and we shall be organising a bring and buy sale.
Now, sit back and watch our documentaries - and then see if you want to help us save orang-utans! Act now - or you'll be sorry!!!
The Extinction of Orangutans - By Evie, Alicia and Lacie-May
Following this, we shall be having a science week where we will be learning about the skeletons of animals, and we shall be focusing on the purpose of the human skeleton.
Then we shall be studying the Tudors - looking in detail at the life of Henry VIII.
Find out more about these topics by looking at the Summer 1 topic web at the bottom of the page.
WHAT ARE WE UP TO THIS WEEK?
Week Beginning 22/04/19:
This week, we shall be finishing our work on orangutans and then we shall be starting our science - skeletons.
In maths, we shall be looking at 2D and 3D shapes. We shall be focusing on angles and identifying right, acute and obtuse angles.
NO SCHOOL TODAY - EASTER MONDAY.
AM - LITERACY AND MATHS
PM - TOPIC (DT)
PLEASE BRING ANY TEDDIES BACK SO WE CAN SWAP!
ALSO BRING IN YOUR OLD TOYS FOR OUR BRING AND BUY SALE.
AM - MATHS AND LITERACY
PM - TOPIC
ECO CLUB AT DINNER TIME TODAY.
ALSO BRING IN YOUR TOYS FOR OUR BRING AND BUY SALE.
AM - MATHS AND LITERACY
PM - FUND RAISING AFTERNOON:
WITH MRS JENNER-DYER
AM - LITERACY AND NUMERACY.
PM - OUTDOOR LEARNING.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR OUTDOOR LEARNING CLOTHES IN A LABELLED BAG.
WHAT DO YOU NEED ON FOREST FRIDAYS?
YOU MIGHT GET MUDDY SO PLEASE COME TO SCHOOL IN:
- Old clothes (trousers and long sleeved top)
- Another pair of shoes (wellies or old trainers etc...)
- A waterproof coat (this can be the one that you wear to school or a different one if you don't want that to get muddy)
PLEASE BRING YOUR UNIFORM IN A LABELLED PLASTIC BAG TO CHANGE INTO AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN OUTSIDE!
Please make sure that all of your clothes are labelled with your name
so that we do not lose anything when we get changed!
DON'T FORGET OUR UPCOMING SPECIAL DAYS:
- MON 22ND APRIL - BACK TO SCHOOL
- THURS 25TH - ORANGUTAN DAY
- WEDS 24TH APRIL - CROSS COUNTRY EVENT (SOME OF YOU MAY BE SELECTED)
- MON 6TH MAY - BANK HOLIDAY
- FRI 24TH MAY - INSET DAY AND BREAK UP FOR ONE WEEK . . .
- MONDAY 3RD JUNE - BACK TO SCHOOL
- THURSDAY 6TH JUNE - OUR TRIP TO CRESSWELL CRAGGS
- TUES 18TH JUNE - DISTRICT SPORTS COMPETITION
- FRI 12TH JULY - ROAD SAFETY QUIZ
- MON 22ND JULY - SPORTS DAY
- WEDS 24TH JULY - LEAVERS' SERVICE AT CHURCH
- WEDS 24TH JULY - WE BREAK UP TODAY... SEE YOU IN JUST OVER FIVE WEEKS...
1. Rembember to read 5 times a week. Here are some links to fun reading activities too:
2. Remember to complete your allocated games on ABACUS. This link will take you there. . . and then remember to log in:
Username - first three letters of your first name and first three letters of your surname
(no capitals or spaces)
Password - cedar
School code - bagt
3. Practise your spellings from your spelling cards. Here is a link that will take you to some phonic games:
4. Practise your tables.
By the end of year three we want you to know the 2x 10x 5x 3x 4x and 8x - and we learn them in this order.
Use these links to play some fun tables games to help you learn . . .
USE THE HYPERLINKS TO COMPLETE SOME OF THESE OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES:
WATCH SOME CLIPS ABOUT THE LIFE OF AFRICAN CHILDREN . . .
WOULD YOU WATCH THIS FILM\?
GET SOME POPCORN AND VIEW OUR FILM TRAILERS BY THE AWARD WINNING DIRECTORS IN CEDAR CLASS
WHAT HAVE WE BEEN UP TO?
TAKE A LOOK . . .
Cedar Class chose to adopt an orang-utan in Borneo. Check out our adoption certificate and read the letter that WWF sent to say thank you.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR PARENTS
OUR TOPIC WEBS
OUR CLASS NEWSLETTERS
Parent's Guide to the New Curriculum
WHAT DID CEDAR CLASS GET UP TO LAST YEAR?
TAKE A LOOK TO SEE SOME EXCITING THINGS THAT YOU MIGHT BE DOING . . .