Cedar Class - Y3
WELCOME TO CEDAR CLASS!
We are all working hard and having fun with our teachers -
Mrs Hammond, Mrs Jenner-Dyer (on Fridays) and Mrs Harrod.
It's half term at the moment so I hope that you are all having lots of fun. If you do get bored though, remember the homework sheets and the extra activities on this web page.
This next half term we shall be learning about endangered species, with a specific focus on orangutans. We shall be doing lots of geography work about conservation and we shall be creating some documentaries.' Our second topic will be a science one - animals and their bones.
On Fridays, Mrs Jenner-Dyer will be focusing upon grammar. During that day, the children will be having their outdoor learning session so will need to remember their outdoor kits.
Take a look at the topic web at the bottom of the page to find out even more . . .
WHAT ARE WE UP TO THIS WEEK?
Week Beginning 25/02/19:
THIS WEEK WE HAVE A STUDENT TEACHER, MISS KELLY, JOINING US AND SHE WILL BE TEACHING US SOME OF OUR LESSONS.
This week, we shall be finishing off our African tribal masks and we shall continue our science topic with some practical investigations to find out more about shadows.
In Maths, we shall be applying our addition and subtraction skills to solving problems.
AM - PE AND PSHE
PM - OUR P J PARTY.
Remember that it is the MEGA TABLES TEST TODAY.
PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR P.E. KITS AND TRY NOT TO WEAR ANY JEWELLERY.
NO MAGAZINE CLUB OR GYMNASTICS CLUB AFTER SCHOOL TODAY.
AM - LITERACY AND MATHS
PM - TOPIC
MEGA SPELLING TEST TODAY.
PLEASE BRING ANY TEDDIES BACK SO WE CAN SWAP!
AM - MATHS AND LITERACY
PM - TOPIC
ECO CLUB AT DINNER TIME TODAY.
AM - MATHS AND LITERACY
PM - ICT AND SINGING
WITH MRS JENNER-DYER
AM - GRAMMAR AND MATHS (CAPACITY AND WEIGHT).
PM - OUTDOOR LEARNING SO PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR KITS.
WHAT DO YOU NEED ON FOREST FRIDAYS?
YOU MIGHT GET MUDDY SO PLEASE COME TO SCHOOL IN:
- Old clothes (trousers and long sleeved top)
- Another pair of shoes (wellies or old trainers etc...)
- A waterproof coat (this can be the one that you wear to school or a different one if you don't want that to get muddy)
PLEASE BRING YOUR UNIFORM IN A LABELLED PLASTIC BAG TO CHANGE INTO AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN OUTSIDE!
Please make sure that all of your clothes are labelled with your name
so that we do not lose anything when we get changed!
DON'T FORGET OUR UPCOMING SPECIAL DAYS:
- MON 25TH FEB - BACK TO SCHOOL AND OUR P.J. PARTY IN THE AFTERNOON.
- 6TH MARCH - VALLEY CIDS R.E. LESSON
- 12TH MARCH - OUR TRIP TO CHESTER ZOO
- 22ND MARCH - LET'S GLOW DAY
- FRI 5TH APRIL - EASTER SERVICE AT CHURCH THEN BREAK UP FOR TWO WEEKS . . .
- MON 22ND APRIL - BACK TO SCHOOL
- WEDS 24TH APRIL - CROSS COUNTRY EVENT (SOME OF YOU MAY BE SELECTED)
- MON 6TH MAY - BANK HOLIDAY
- FRI 24TH MAY - INSET DAY AND BREAK UP FOR ONE WEEK . . .
- MONDAY 3RD JUNE - BACK TO SCHOOL
- THURSDAY 6TH JUNE - OUR TRIP TO CRESSWELL CRAGGS
- TUES 18TH JUNE - DISTRICT SPORTS COMPETITION
- MON 22ND JULY - SPORTS DAY
- WEDS 24TH JULY - LEAVERS' SERVICE AT CHURCH
- WEDS 24TH JULY - LAST DAY BEFORE THE SUMMER HOLIDAY . . .
1. Rembember to read 5 times a week. Here are some links to fun reading activities too:
2. Remember to complete your allocated games on ABACUS. This link will take you there. . . and then remember to log in:
Username - first three letters of your first name and first three letters of your surname
(no capitals or spaces)
Password - cedar
School code - bagt
3. Practise your spellings from your spelling cards. Here is a link that will take you to some phonic games:
4. Practise your tables.
By the end of year three we want you to know the 2x 10x 5x 3x 4x and 8x - and we learn them in this order.
Use these links to play some fun tables games to help you learn . . .
USE THE HYPERLINKS TO COMPLETE SOME OF THESE OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES:
WATCH SOME CLIPS ABOUT THE LIFE OF AFRICAN CHILDREN . . .
WOULD YOU WATCH THIS FILM\?
GET SOME POPCORN AND VIEW OUR FILM TRAILERS BY THE AWARD WINNING DIRECTORS IN CEDAR CLASS
WHAT HAVE WE BEEN UP TO?
TAKE A LOOK . . .
Cedar Class chose to adopt an orang-utan in Borneo. Check out our adoption certificate and read the letter that WWF sent to say thank you.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR PARENTS
OUR TOPIC WEBS
OUR CLASS NEWSLETTERS
Parent's Guide to the New Curriculum
WHAT DID CEDAR CLASS GET UP TO LAST YEAR?
TAKE A LOOK TO SEE SOME EXCITING THINGS THAT YOU MIGHT BE DOING . . .