Cedar Class - Y3
WELCOME TO CEDAR CLASS!
We are all working hard and having fun with our teachers -
Mrs Hammond, Mrs Jenner-Dyer (on Fridays) and Mrs Harrod.
This half term we shall be beginning by studying Hinduism and then using the story of Philippe Petit (The Man Who Walked Between The Towers) to produce some inspirational writing.
On Fridays, Mrs Jenner-Dyer will be teaching our History topic which is all about mining. During that day, the children will be having their outdoor learning session so will need to remember their outdoor kits.
Take a look at the topic web at the bottom of the page to find out even more . . .
WHAT ARE WE UP TO THIS WEEK?
Week Beginning 10/12/18:
This week we shall be continuing our film trailers for 'The Man Who Walked Between The Towers'. In Topic we shall be looking at New York City and creating music to reflect the city. In Maths, we shall be practising measuring length.
AM - LITERACY AND P.E.
PM - WE SHALL BE WATCHING THE KS1 NATIVITY DRESS REHEARSAL.
REMEMBER IT IS OUR TABLES TEST TODAY!
PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR P.E. KITS AND TRY NOT TO WEAR ANY JEWELLERY.
GYMNASTICS CLUB AND MAGAZINE CLUBS ARE AFTER SCHOOL TODAY.
AM - MATHS & LITERACY
PM - GEOGRAPHY
PLEASE BRING ANY TEDDIES BACK SO WE CAN SWAP!
SPELLING TESTS TODAY.
CHRISTMAS DINNER AND CHRISTMAS JUMPER DAY!
AM - MATHS AND LITERACY
PM - TOPIC
ECO CLUB IS AT DINNER TIME TODAY.
AM = LITERACY AND MATHS
PM - ICT
WITH MRS JENNER-DYER
PARENTS/CARERS SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED A TEXT TELLING YOU WHAT TO WEAR.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU WEAR WARM OUTDOOR CLOTHES AND HAVE A CHANGE OF SHOES/WELLIES FOR OUTSIDE.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO COME TO SCHOOL IN YOUR OUTDOOR KITS AND BRING YOUR UNIFORM IN A LABELLED BAG.
WHAT DO YOU NEED ON FOREST FRIDAYS?
YOU MIGHT GET MUDDY SO PLEASE COME TO SCHOOL IN:
- Old clothes (trousers and long sleeved top)
- Another pair of shoes (wellies or old trainers etc...)
- A waterproof coat (this can be the one that you wear to school or a different one if you don't want that to get muddy)
PLEASE BRING YOUR UNIFORM IN A LABELLED PLASTIC BAG TO CHANGE INTO AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN OUTSIDE!
Please make sure that all of your clothes are labelled with your name
so that we do not lose anything when we get changed!
DON'T FORGET OUR UPCOMING SPECIAL DAYS:
- WEDS 13TH DECEMBER - SCHOOL DINNER DAY
- MON 17TH DEC - PANTOMINE
- TUES 18TH DEC - OUR CLASS PARTY DAY
- THURS 20TH DEC - FOOTPRINTS THEATRE
- FRIDAY 21ST DEC - OUR CHRISTMAS SERVICE AT CHURCH
- 21ST - BREAK UP FOR TWO WEEKS
- MON 7TH JAN - BACK TO SCHOOL
- MON 11TH FEB - SWIMMING GALA (A FEW OF CEDAR MAY BE SELECTED)
- FRI 15TH FEB - INSET DAY AND BREAK UP FOR A WEEK...
- MON 25TH FEB - BACK TO SCHOOL
- 6TH MARCH - VALLEY CIDS R.E. LESSON
- 12TH MARCH - OUR TRIP TO CHESTER ZOO
- FRI 5TH APRIL - EASTER SERVICE AT CHURCH THEN BREAK UP FOR TWO WEEKS . . .
- MON 22ND APRIL - BACK TO SCHOOL
- WEDS 24TH APRIL - CROSS COUNTRY EVENT (SOME OF YOU MAYBE SELECTED)
- MON 6TH MAY - BANK HOLIDAY
- FRI 24TH MAY - INSET DAY AND BREAK UP FOR ONE WEEK . . .
- TUES 18TH JUNE - DSITRICT SPORTS COMPETITION
- MON 22ND JULY - SPORTS DAY
- WEDS 24TH JULY - LEAVERS' SERVICE AT CHURCH
- THURS 24TH JULY - LAST DAY BEFORE THE SUMMER HOLIDAY . . .
1. Rembember to read 5 times a week. Here are some links to fun reading activities too:
2. Remember to complete your allocated games on ABACUS. This link will take you there. . . and then remember to log in:
Username - first three letters of your first name and first three letters of your surname
(no capitals or spaces)
Password - cedar
School code - bagt
3. Practise your spellings from your spelling cards. Here is a link that will take you to some phonic games:
4. Practise your tables.
By the end of year three we want you to know the 2x 10x 5x 3x 4x and 8x - and we learn them in this order.
Use these links to play some fun tables games to help you learn . . .
USE THE HYPERLINKS TO COMPLETE SOME OF THESE OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES:
WOULD YOU WATCH THIS FILM\?
GET SOME POPCORN AND VIEW OUR FILM TRAILERS BY THE AWARD WINNING DIRECTORS IN CEDAR CLASS
WATCH SOME CLIPS ABOUT THE LIFE OF AFRICAN CHILDREN . . .
WHAT HAVE WE BEEN UP TO?
TAKE A LOOK . . .
Cedar Class chose to adopt an orang-utan in Borneo. Check out our adoption certificate and read the letter that WWF sent to say thank you.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR PARENTS
OUR TOPIC WEBS
OUR CLASS NEWSLETTERS
Parent's Guide to the New Curriculum
WHAT DID CEDAR CLASS GET UP TO LAST YEAR?
TAKE A LOOK TO SEE SOME EXCITING THINGS THAT YOU MIGHT BE DOING . . .